Sleeping with Oxa is brand new! You’re one of the first users of Oxa’s sleep management tools. Update your sensor software to version 5.11 for the latest experience. Contact us if you experience any issues or want to suggest improvements.
After initiating a sleep session, Sleep can continue with or without a stable Bluetooth connection to the Oxa app. When Bluetooth is disabled, your sleep session is stored on the sensor so you can sleep phone free. The following are some possible errors you may encounter with the early release of Oxa’s sleep feature:
In case Oxa stops recording before you wake up:
- From one sleep to the next, re-charge the sensor and free space on the sensor for the next night of rest. Check that the sensor reconnects and automatically transfers the data to your phone after you wake up.
- If you are sharing a sensor, remember to open your Oxa app and account and transfer the sleep session to your own Oxa account before handing the sensor to another user. Another user cannot access your session data, but they may erase or overwrite the session data if another session is started before you transfer your data to your account.
- Certain Android devices, including Samsung S series and Xiaomi phones, may stop recording pre-maturely. In this case, the sleep monitoring will capture less than a complete night of sleep. To prevent the recording from ending pre-maturely, update your sensor firmware to version 5.11 and sleep with Oxa’s phone-free update.
In case your sleep session has incomplete or missing data:
- There may be a connection issue or poor signal quality, and you may receive a notification. Follow these instructions to resolve signal quality issues.
- Ensure that you have the latest firmware (5.11 as of August 2023).
- Charge your sensor to at least 40% before starting a sleep session.
- Transfer your sleep session data to the Oxa app immediately upon waking up to avoid the possibility that the data is erased.
In case Oxa cannot compute your sleep onset time:
- Sleep onset calculation requires sleep data to be downloaded from the sensor, uploaded to the servers, then the sleep onset calculation is transferred from Oxa’s servers to your phone. Especially when sleeping phone-free (with no active Bluetooth connection), this calculation can sometimes take additional time.
- Calculating sleep onset requires:
- The session must be at least 3 hours long. Oxa does not calculate sleep onset for shorter periods of sleep.
- The ECG/heart rate signal must have at least 80% good signal quality. Check that you’re wearing the garment and sensor properly.
- The sensor must record all three signals: ECG/heart rate, respiration, and movement.
- If the onset time is never calculated, contact us with your sensor or account ID. Let us know if you consent to allow Oxa's customer support team to access your Oxa Life app account data and exercise history for the sole purpose of providing support and resolving issues.
In case Oxa is too loose and moves during the night:
- Wash and dry the garment according to Oxa’s care instructions.
- Check your measurements and confirm that your size has not changed over time.
In case the audio does not fade out after you drift to sleep or the audio stops too early before you fall asleep:
- Let us know, so that we can continue to improve the feature.
- Use the customization features to adjust the audio levels.