After detaching the sensor, the Oxa shirt, band, and bra are easily washable, and the electrodes continue to measure your vitals accurately after many washes. Proper care will help you get the most out of your Oxa garment
General Care Recommendations
- Keep the electrodes clean between Oxa sessions so that they stick to your skin. Remove dust and/or dampen the skin for the best adhesion.
- Machine wash and air dry the garment to preserve and restore the fit of the garment.
To wash the garment:
- Remove the sensor before washing the garment.
- Place the garment in the wash bag (provided) before washing. (Do not wash the garment inside out – the electrodes should not be directly exposed so as to avoid wear and tear.)
- Use gentle detergent.
- Wash the garment in a standard washing machine at a temperature of up to 30 °C (90 °F or warm/cold).
- Lay the shirt and band flat, or hang the bra to air dry. Do not tumble dry the Oxa garments.
- A quick wash cycle of 30 minutes at 800 rpm or less.
- Wash the garment regularly to keep the electrodes clean and sticky.
- Use a lint roller or gentle water rinse between washes to remove any debris on the electrodes.
- Avoid damaging the black surface of the electrodes with your fingernails or accessories such as belts or rings. The garment should still function properly with minor scratches, however major damage to the electrodes can affect the ECG signal.
Important notices to maximize the garment’s lifetime
- Do not use bleach or fabric softener.
- Always use a wash bag (provided).
- Do not wash the garment inside out – the electrodes should not be directly exposed so as to avoid wear and tear.
- Do not wring out the garment.
- Do not iron the garment.
- Do not tumble dry the garment. Instead, lay the shirt and band flat, or hang the bra to air dry.
- Keep the garment away from fire.